I talk to a lot of people interested in natural deodorants. The thing I hear most often is how terribly they smelled and went back to the usual antiperspirant (the usual).
You might wonder what is not to like about the usual? The ingredients of concern that come to mind are parabens, phthalates, triclosan, propylene glycol, and aluminum. These toxins have been extensively researched. There is evidence to tie these toxins to reproductive development issues and certain types of cancer. However, these ingredients in deodorant have not been proven harmful.
During this month, you can expect to sweat more, be stinkier, have tender armpits, all due to the lymph nodes resetting. Some ways to get through the month?
- Drink more water to help flush things out,
- Watch your diet (don’t we all love that one),
- Dry Brush,
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar on cotton wash clothes to swipe your pits,
- Antibacterial soap to wash,
- Hot baths to promote sweating,
- Drink more water,
- Use a natural starch to blot out excess moisture during the day
Over the course of January, we will be testing “extra” strength blends to see if we can come up with something worthwhile. Also, a blend that is more unisex or manly for those stinky teenage boys.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to hear about the launch of new products!